+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 119

Thread: Cancer info , remedies , alternative treatments.

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    mid-central US
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Gee Bob, your examples are questions from me asking why you seemed unable to comprehend straightforward, written English. You even responded, "I'm not dyslexic but I do have trouble comprehending you...". So you admitted to having problems with comprehension. It can hardly be an insult when you admit to it. The questions were asked after you purposely, or not (that's where the dyslexic question came from), misconstrued something I had written, which I might add is your modus operandi. The schizophrenic bit came after you had posted a definitive, "Context is everything", and only a few posts later tried to wriggle out of an awkwardly worded, easily misinterpreted sentence by claiming its context within the paragraph it was in meant nothing. To quote: "Full stop, new sentence, game over ..." You never did answer my inquiry about which side of that dichotomy you're on. Viola, I had to wonder if you are schizophrenic, since you were incongruously arguing for both sides. So get your act together, dickhead.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Folks, if you're going to insult each other could you please take it to PM or spin off in to a thread dedicated to the topic? Digression is one thing, turning the thread in to a flame war pushes the envelope somewhat.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Derby - UK
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    I concur, please move along now guys...
    "Just have fun"

  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adelatorre View Post
    Perhaps I was not clear enough. You wrote "happy ending massge"
    http://spas.about.com/od/spaglossary...ng-Massage.htm
    No I did not. Have your eyesight checked with someone other than a homeopath/quack.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mexico City, MX
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Black View Post
    I concur, please move along now guys...
    You're right. Our latest posts have not been polite at all.

    My previous post's were missing the reason why some cancer cells were resistant to THC induced autophagy.
    The following article explains why. Hopefully it will result in a more efective treatment in the future.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3131933/
    Excentric - Torturer Class - Right Winger's Nightmare

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phazedout View Post
    Folks, if you're going to insult each other could you please take it to PM or spin off in to a thread dedicated to the topic? Digression is one thing, turning the thread in to a flame war pushes the envelope somewhat.
    Okay.
    Drink, but very carefully...

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adelatorre View Post
    My previous post's were missing the reason why some cancer cells were resistant to THC induced autophagy.
    The following article explains why. Hopefully it will result in a more efective treatment in the future.
    I think we've established you're a programmer not an oncologist and unless you know of a reversible cure for death you're wasting your time.
    Drink, but very carefully...

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mexico City, MX
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious Bob View Post
    I think we've established you're a programmer not an oncologist and unless you know of a reversible cure for death you're wasting your time.
    Bob,
    In other posts you've discussed a wide array of topics including energy , economy and astronomy ( my guess is that the list is longer , but I really have no incentive in looking at your previous 2135 posts to make a complete list) . I could equally disregard all your posts with an equally pedantric comment :

    You're an administrator not an economist and unless you know of a reversible solution for resource scantiness you're wasting your time.

    This is a forum and we are here to discuss in a polite and rational manner. If you want to cite another publication and jump in in the discussion you are most wellcome.
    Excentric - Torturer Class - Right Winger's Nightmare

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adelatorre View Post
    Bob,
    In other posts you've discussed a wide array of topics including energy , economy and astronomy ( my guess is that the list is longer , but I really have no incentive in looking at your previous 2135 posts to make a complete list) . I could equally disregard all your posts with an equally pedantric comment.
    Indeed so but I have always made sure that anything I've posted or linked I've always understood precisely because I don't have specialist knowledge, take that last link it starts:

    'Stimulation of the midkine/ALK axis renders glioma cells resistant to cannabinoid antitumoral action' and on it continues in the same vein.

    You're posting stuff and you don't have a clue what it means adding in sentences like 'the following article explains why' well yeah if we were all oncologists.
    Last edited by Conscious Bob; 19-10-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Phone spellchecker grr.
    Drink, but very carefully...

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    446

    Default

    I am not an oncologist (IANAO), but actually, that paper reads quite well. Cannabis can kill brain tumours. The tumours fight back by producing a chemical that reduces the effect of the cannabis. The scientists would like to understand how to reverse that effect.
    It's typical of papers/articles you see in the media. A small step in understanding with some promise of a therapy some day. Not very much use to a man dying from cancer today.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts