+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancer info , remedies , alternative treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Av Demeisen View Post
    Perhaps a Mexican happy ending massage?
    Enraged by CB comments I had skipped this one... I am just hopping it was a typo and you meant "Mexican happy ending message" .
    Excentric - Torturer Class - Right Winger's Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by adelatorre View Post
    Enraged by CB comments I had skipped this one...
    And here was me thinking we had buried the hatchet...
    Drink, but very carefully...

Enraged by CB comments I had skipped this one... I am just hopping it was a typo and you meant "Mexican happy ending message" .
    Oh my, why don't you step on your broomstick and go play witch doctor somewhere else.

Iain's dead kids. Neither modern, state of the art medicine nor any alternative ones apparently did a thing to extend his life in any meaningful way. He was dead three months after the original diagnosis. Any, and all, therapies he chose to have done were ineffective. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by charismatic megafauna View Post
    Iain's dead kids. Neither modern, state of the art medicine nor any alternative ones apparently did a thing to extend his life in any meaningful way. He was dead three months after the original diagnosis. Any, and all, therapies he chose to have done were ineffective. Time to move on.
    I disagree, part of effective medicine is correct diagnosis and a cure in Iain's case was never going to happen, his cancer was too advanced and too aggressive. The medical care he received from the NHS kept him functioning and relatively pain free for the time he had left.

CB, a correct diagnosis of "you've got cancer and you're going to die in a couple of months", probably not really as helpful or reassuring as you make it sound. "The medical care he received from the NHS kept him functioning and relatively pain free for the time he had left." I didn't realize you were privy to the kind of care Banks was receiving. If modern medicine couldn't provide great pain killers, it would be pretty worthless. Though in many countries, the most effective pain killer, heroin, is still illegal even for those suffering painful, terminal illnesses—wouldn't want them to becomes addicts, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Av Demeisen View Post
    Oh my, why don't you step on your broomstick and go play witch doctor somewhere else.
    I just came back to correct a typo...well hopefully.
    Excentric - Torturer Class - Right Winger's Nightmare

I expect the massage would have been nicer

As for "State of the Art" cures, I'm still holding out for some kind of cloning machine.
    "Just have fun"

I just came back to correct a typo...well hopefully.
    I'm afraid you didn't, and you quoted me, not CB.

The only thing enraging about this whole episode, besides Iain dying way before his time, is people like yourself bothering a dying man, however indirectly, with your well-intentioned advice about alternative treatment, and consequently setting the tone and dominating the discussion on this board during this period.

Quote Originally Posted by charismatic megafauna View Post
    CB, a correct diagnosis of "you've got cancer and you're going to die in a couple of months", probably not really as helpful or reassuring as you make it sound. "The medical care he received from the NHS kept him functioning and relatively pain free for the time he had left." I didn't realize you were privy to the kind of care Banks was receiving. If modern medicine couldn't provide great pain killers, it would be pretty worthless. Though in many countries, the most effective pain killer, heroin, is still illegal even for those suffering painful, terminal illnesses—wouldn't want them to becomes addicts, after all.
    There was no reassurance this was a direct, honest and bleak prognosis. Without it though would he have got married, seen Venice one more time, had the publication of The Quarry brought forward or taken the time to say goodbye to family, friends and fans...

I'm certainly not privy to his details of care but as Iain had nothing but praise for the NHS medical staff you can take it as said that his care was good.

Yeah heroin is just as safe as medically controlled opiates...

+ Reply to Thread