+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rant Thread!

RANT!!!
    I recently subscribed to the forum of an American writter expecting to have an interesting exchange of ideas , just as what hapens in this forum. Surprisingly my posts were constantly answered by the owner of the forum up to the point wher I am feeling harassed. Now as by my work I am used to working together with americans in some sort of coolabrorative effort. Yet, this writter seems to be feeling I am invading his turf.
    His response : increasingly aggresive posts.

His latest post follows:

[Hugo Award Winner] to "CultureCitizen":

Before you jump in and get the U.S.'s health-care costs down by 10%, our energy demands met, our culture-rules fixed, etc. -- all by using your exceptional systems programming skills -- why don't we do a deal (as my British friends like to say)?

First, get involved with your own country and get the damned drug cartels under control. They're a total blight and a shame to planet Earth.

Second, reduce the violence in your country by . . . say . . . 10%. If you can reduce America's health care costs or choose our energy investments, that shouldn't be a problem for you. (Suggestion: wear a Kevlar vest. As sleepwear.)

Third, create a real middle class in your country - one where people who can make some money don't have to hire bodyguards to protect their children from being nabbed by professional kidnappers. And change the huge social pyramid there based on so many poor people that hire only one or two relatives in their "businesses", spend their lives below the tax radar, and will pass on the same crap-level life to their children and grandchildren.

Fourth, create some real accountability in your own government, especially in the police and special forces who seem to be on cartel payrolls more often than not. Insist on having a few officials who aren't on the take to somebody.

Fifth -- and finally -- secure your northern border and prepare to receive, not the billions of dollars in remittances sent south from the U.S. every year, but more than 12 million of your countrymen who came here uninvited and illegally and who have been fouling up our courts and prisons and dragging down our welfare systems and economy while creating a social and linguistic impermeable culture-within-a-culture for decades now. We want our American melting pot back.

Do these small things and then come back and give us your powerful advice about what the United States should do -- windmills rather than oil, government-run insurance, solar panels on car rooftops, big government investments in your chosen areas, legalizing all drugs, whatever -- to fix things here the way you want them fixed.

Until you handle your end of things though . . . well, silence is golden. A more reasoned and reasonable conversation level, minus all the bluster and bull, is acceptable.

[Hugo Award Winner]
    Excentric - Torturer Class - Right Winger's Nightmare

My windshield wiper motor blew out in the middle of a snowstorm. Not cool.

I’m pretty sure it was super cooooool!
    Given the snowstorm…

What is this snow? I’ve heard it’s like water, and that it’s hard yet soft?
    Outside Context Problem (OCP), the kind of problem "most civilisations would encounter just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop."

Quote Originally Posted by adelatorre View Post
    Fifth -- and finally -- secure your northern border and prepare to receive, not the billions of dollars in remittances sent south from the U.S. every year, but more than 12 million of your countrymen who came here uninvited and illegally and who have been fouling up our courts and prisons and dragging down our welfare systems and economy while creating a social and linguistic impermeable culture-within-a-culture for decades now. We want our American melting pot back.
    [Hugo Award Winner]
    A bit rich coming from a country based entirey on unwanted imigrants. I'm sure all the native Americans would like to send back all the socially and linguisitcly impermeable Irish, italians etc. back to where they came from.
    Immigration (legal or otherwise) is one of those things that simply cannot be stoped or reversed and just needs to be dealt with. A bit like global corporations who are (as the world stands today) a neccessary evil.

In a sense the same can be said about drug cartels, Colombian drug cartels pre-date Mexican cartels. Mexican Cartels took over once the Miami entrance was blocked. It's a supply and demand problem. They've got the jobs we've got the unexpensive labor. The've got the addicts we'v got the drugs.
    The last sentence is a bit cinical, because I truly feel disgusted by drug cartels and their criminal activities ( if we had Culture style drugs the matter would be altogether different).

Anyway , I was able to contain my tongue and answer in a slightly elegant and polite maner. I'll see his reply tomorrow.

Are you implying that your average citizen’s, members of a first world nation, should do without semi-automatic assault rifles, I suppose you’ll be suggesting that all guns be restricted next, or some such nonsense. Nonsense! How are people supposed to shoot each other without guns? If I was feeling a bit out of sorts and I didn’t have a gun handy how is it that I’m expected to go on my god given right to rampage! There, I have you! Bloody libertarian’s! Where’s my gun?
    OH F@#*
    1 hour ago – AT LEAST 27 people, including 20 children, have been killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, in western ...
    Last edited by Brutalsubtlety; 14-12-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: So sad, so sad…
    Outside Context Problem (OCP), the kind of problem "most civilisations would encounter just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop."

Hmmm a good reason for not having any guns eh?

Has it been said why this nutter did it?
    "Just have fun"

We get 10,000 fire arm killings in Mexico . The US gets a similar amount of killings ( but has more population) .
    The number of people killed in this assault was very low by comparision.
    The unsettling part of this barbaric act is the brutallity with which it was performed. Wish we had slapdrones.

The gun and religious lunatic crowd are now saying things like "armed teachers would have saved the day" and "the reason it happened is because we've removed god (the christian one, of course) from school". Lunatics, I'm surrounded by raving lunatics in this country. Almost daily, I'm more and more ashamed to admit to being an American. Pardon me, I need to go throw up now.

This is the time America, do something about this, foolishness you’ve taught the right,‘elephant’ a lesson, teach them another, and now… oh god please,
    …such a senseless, absurd waste.
    "armed teachers would have saved the day"
    …why not arm the children themselves, oh and their pets! Yes I’m sure if there was a god that he’d be pretty delighted that everybody, and everything had a f&%$ing gun.

+ Reply to Thread