+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rant Thread!

Default Rant Thread!

I think we should have a rant thread, where we can pour out our problems in an environment where nobody knows us. I'll start. This is probably quite petty, but whatever. I'll try to make it short.

So I met this girl and I fell in love with her. After a couple weeks of hanging out with her a lot and getting to know eachother really well, I asked her out. She said no. The next day she told me she had regretted that decision so much and that she did really like me. We hung out a lot the next couple days. Three days after this, she tells me she loves me (she wouldn't be the first girl to tell me she loves me after a very short period of time, but she would be the first that I didn't freak out completely after hearing this and then want to abandon). So things were going great for a few weeks. We slept together, we went to all sorts of events and stuff. We were interesting and spontaneous. We always talked completely straight to eachother and didn't play any games. I thought "holy shit, I actually have a legit girlfriend who likes me as much as I like her!" She told me she loved me, she wanted me to move to France with her, she even jokingly asked me to drop out of college and move now. I was the first boyfriend she'd ever introduced to her family!

So then one day, we meet up and she dumps me, just like that. She basically says "it's not you, it's me," albeit expanded and sincere. She didn't go into great detail. We already had tickets bought to a couple concerts, the first of which was the other night, so we said we'd go anyway. I wanted her back, so I thought if we talked about what went wrong there might be a possibility of fixing things. We had fallen at the first fence, and I had a suspicion that what had gone wrong was fairly petty, and that we were both bigger than it. She meant too much to me to give up that easily.

So the night of the concert came, and after, I said "can we talk about us?" So she said "sure, but my train is about to come, how about Wednesday [tomorrow]?" I said ok. When I was home I texted her to say that I wanted to talk about what went wrong and the possibility of fixing things, so she texted me back saying she would "make things clear." So I sent her a pretty long email the next day saying that I didn't think anything would come of the meeting, if I wanted her back and she didn't want that. I got a little angry in the letter, but I took great care to direct the anger at the situation and not at her. I really wanted her to understand how I felt. I put a lot of thought into the subtext of the letter, suggesting that we could be friends in the future (because that is what she wanted), and that I would just need some time to get over her and for now I would have to act like I never wanted to see her again. This letter was supposed to be my final thoughts on the matter, and the whole thing would end amicably with both of us knowing exactly what was going on.

So she emailed me back calling me judgmental for assuming I knew what went wrong (I had spent two weeks analysing every detail of the relationship, how blind could I have been?), and saying that I had really upset her and that even though she had a good time with me and I had done nothing wrong while we were together, she's really disappointed in how I acted afterward. And I felt like a massive shithead. I apologised for the email, saying that I never meant to upset her and I knew she didn't want to upset me. She emailed me back saying she knew this but it didn't change anything. I then tried to reorganise the meeting we said we'd have Wednesday, but I don't think she's coming. I'm still going to go there and wait for half an hour, because maybe she will stop by. I owe her an apology, and I owe it to her to listen to her, because maybe she did have something new to say when I just assumed she'd be repeating herself. I have fucked up.

Ah, young love! Is this forum really the appropriate place to address your (apparently failed) love affair? Don't you have some family member (brother or sister) or friends you would be better off discussing this with. Or if it's really bothering you seriously, perhaps talking to a shrink might help. About the only advice I'm willing to give is though the breakup will hurt like hell for a time, you are probably better off without someone as fickle as you describe her. Believe me, there will be other women.

I’ll keep a reign on my usual eccentricities here…
    Time, there’s your answer Not Registered Here, give it time…

Oh, and cm’s suggestion, find a friend if you’re feeling like it’s all a bit much, it will get better.
    Outside Context Problem (OCP), the kind of problem "most civilisations would encounter just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop."

I spent this past weekend in Somerset, specifically Wincanton, at hogswatch, the discworld version of Christmas. Since as most of you know I no longer drink I was exploring non alcoholic options and I discovered my new favourite thing, Bottle Green's Spiced berry cordial, designed to be placed in to wine as a sort of pre mixed mulled thingy, i find it's lovely with cold, sparkly water. Anyways, where i was staying is a grade II listed coaching inn, built in 1742. like most coaching inns it has an archway leading through to the back, just about wide enough for 1 car at a time, there was a cake tasting at half three on the Sunday, which I avoided (not knowing which cakes had alcohol and which did not, it's safer that way) but it gave me a half hour to fly down to morrissons and pick some of the stuff up t take home.

As I approached thre archway somebody in an X reg gold volvo estate tried to aggressively drive through, there were some smokers sheltering from the rain and this idiot was revving her engine at them aggressively, when she saw I had come too far forward for her to get past me she reversed out again, so I pulls n to the Arch (non aggressively o the smokers kindly moved aside) and stuck nose of car out in to the road.

\It was at this point I discovered she'd gone backwards more or less in a straight line and was blocking both sides of the narrow road. I put my right indicator on and waved to show I wished to go that way but after 2 minutes she showed no sign of moving. I gave up and went up to the co op to get a flavour of walkers they don't sell on my island.

Sine I had to be back for the goodbyes at 4 pm and thanks to Sunday trading laws Morrisons shut at that time, I never did get my cordial...

Why oh why oh why must people be so thoughtless... grrr
    Alan
    Edited for spelling
    Last edited by phazedout; 29-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Damn SUV gets 12 mpg @ $4.00/gallon.

You're damn lucky to be getting gas at all in northwestern Iceland, let alone at $4/gal, which isn't that much more than currently charged in the US. As to the 12 mpg SUV, I suppose driving up and down the roadless lava fields explains that.

25 - 30 mpg in town
    32 - 36mpg out on the tear

I guess it has something to do with the general lack of volcanic activity down here…
    Or that dunkoveru is filling up his boot with diesel?
    You are aware that that’s not how its done?

The current line of UK M paperbacks
    Fatally flawed, good lord its like reading a dissolving Berocca

(Berocca is a brand of effervescent drink and vitamin tablets.)
    Last edited by Brutalsubtlety; 02-12-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    Outside Context Problem (OCP), the kind of problem "most civilisations would encounter just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop."

I get 50-55 mpg
    "Just have fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Black View Post
    I get 50-55 mpg
    Is that you running?

I wish I was that fit, I'm knackered running for a bus
    "Just have fun"

+ Reply to Thread