+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Two Versions of "The Hydrogen Sonata"?!

Quote Originally Posted by Coral Beach View Post
    Interesting, I want this. Could you give us the ISBN number of your copy? The number that Waterstones lists on their website is the one of the regular version without appendix.
    The ISBN is 978-0-356-50150-5. Waterstones refuse to send books to Uruguay so a friend of mine in London bought it for me from the small Waterstones branch in Oxford street. List price was 20 quid but it was on special offer at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by loei View Post
    Being a 3rd world farmer, I lack a scanning device... but my friend Veronica has one which I bought for her when I was overseas last July. I'll go and have a borrow of it sometime this week.
    Awesome
    "Just have fun"

Quote Originally Posted by loei View Post
    The ISBN is 978-0-356-50150-5. Waterstones refuse to send books to Uruguay so a friend of mine in London bought it for me from the small Waterstones branch in Oxford street. List price was 20 quid but it was on special offer at 15.
    Thanks a lot! And argh - that means the version with appendix and the one without have the same number. Messy.

and frustrating
    I want to be Cultured

Quote Originally Posted by daveh View Post
    I could find no indication on the copyright page that it was a special edition.
    So it isn't a second or subsequent impression then?

WTF. I think the least the publisher could do is add it to their Iain Banks website (though that seems rarely updated any longer), so those of us who got screwed could read/download it.

Someone clearly doesn't know what they are doing
    "Just have fun"

I'm tempted to take the bus to Amsterdam to see if Waterstones has it on sale there and if it amounts to all that much.

Av, the extra stuff is 16 pages: two thirds interview and one third name list. I would phone them to check they have the "special" edition before making a special journey.

CM, I have emailed my website contact to see if the material can be put up there. By the way, the appearances section is getting updated at http://www.iain-banks.net/extras/appearances/ but not at http://www.iain-banks.net/category/appearances/

I have emailed Orbit asking for some clarification or hints on how to identify the extended version online.

+ Reply to Thread