+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Thread: Art

My doodle of Culture drones:

And this music video is art of some kind and the director and production designers must've been inspired by the late Banks:

'Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Very nice rendition of an Idiran gendarmerie by Alex Ries over at Patreon.

Great illustration, but that Idiran's biology and appearance seems more in line with Matter's Oct and Surface Detail's Jhlupe.
    'Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Haven't been here in a while... But good to see the art thread is still alive.

Nice drone interpretations, Big Orange! Some of them look downright tasty. And thanks for pointing out that video. I'm pleased that SC would not let her get away with what she did in Gone Girl.

Regarding the Idiran, I'm not sure I see any problem right away.(?)

What I came back here for in the first place: Does anyone happen to have the cover image of the Russian edition of Use of Weapons? Ok, I suppose there may be more than one Russian edition. I'm looking for one showing Zakalwe and Sma sitting/standing in a mess of weaponry. To my knowledge this is the only "official" depiction of the characters. I found it on the web once and even had it on a drive somewhere, but I cannot find it any more. Does anyone have that file?

Quote Originally Posted by Coral Beach View Post
    What I came back here for in the first place: Does anyone happen to have the cover image of the Russian edition of Use of Weapons? Ok, I suppose there may be more than one Russian edition. I'm looking for one showing Zakalwe and Sma sitting/standing in a mess of weaponry. To my knowledge this is the only "official" depiction of the characters. I found it on the web once and even had it on a drive somewhere, but I cannot find it any more. Does anyone have that file?
    Hail to hard drive backups, I found it on one of my own archive drives.

For anyone who is curious:

the GSV Sleeper Service, along with various GVSs, OUs and auxiliary craft

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Sleeper01.jpg

Thanks.

Also here is my drawing of Empire of Azad's imperial guardsman and a elite space infantryman (inspired by Babylon 5's Centauri):

Also I like this take on the Azad's emperor:

From DeviantArt.

Here are more two Azad soldiers done again. They're supposed to be Imperial bodyguards, the guys who gunned down the court:

Negative comments on my work are better than no comments, this thread has gone so fucking dead!

+ Reply to Thread