+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Thread: Art

What do you think of my drawing showing Culture aliens? I apologise I photographed it lazily on my smartphone and should've scanned it in, but the central picture is a copy of a ink illustration showing the interior of GCU in The State of the Art.

And this cartoon is funny and touching:

'Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Your ideas are great for the characters, lots of variation and I like the way you are so prolific! My drawings take so long they drive me crazy!

Just been familiarizing myself with the thread (The Phil Collins fan is great, no I dont like him, or Whitney Houston, or Huey lewis ) and you deserve kudos also for consistently posting visuals.

Liking the cartoon!

Anyone fancy posting their versions of culture book covers? Just working on a cover for Consider Phlebas, to start with the first book, with a bit of trepidation. Though I have found it impossible not to include Vavatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange View Post
    And this cartoon is funny and touching:
    Makes more sense when you know the title The Collected Iain M Banks

I think I'm missing the point here. IMB is being 'collected', OK, but Iain's vision of a future society isn't going to be the same as Heinlein's or Vonnegut's. Or is the 'drone' simply telling him what he wants to hear?

I've noticed there ain't much in the way of artwork out there of the various Culture ships - I've started a litte project; I'm making Lightwave 3D models based on whatever descriptions that can be found in the novels - gonna post some links as I get them finished...

Cool, I always wanted to give that a shot. Sadly the in depth description of the murderer class in surface detail made it sound like a very specific and simple design. the GSVs could be pretty cool though.
    Opinions stated like FACT

Definately a cool idea, I'll try one, though it will be a steam powered pen and paper affair!

I planned a book cover but extended vertically so a poster! Please go easy on me it has taken a week! Link to blog for a better version.

http://cloudpine451.blogspot.co.uk/2...as-poster.html

Very good, very good indeed. I've seen plenty orbital artworks but this is the first one I've seen with the viewpoint on the actual surface.
    Drink, but very carefully...

Thankyou Conscious Bob! I was so scared doing an orbital pic, they've been done by far greater talents. I really need to try new approaches with ink on paper, trying to compete in this world of polished 3D, so I have to either ditch the pens or gun up!

+ Reply to Thread