+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stonemouth question

Default Stonemouth question

Maybe I'm just being completely thick here but who DID take the fucking pictures?

Hi there Sean

Ahh a question about somehting I read more than a week ago, I've never had the best memory for book facts but wasn't it ***spoiler*** Ellie's sister (can't recall her name, Gretta or some such) ***spoiler end***
    Last edited by Deep Black; 31-05-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    "Just have fun"

One of the disappointing things about the ending of the book for me was I was expecting some big twist at the end tying it all together, and if your thick then so am I!

Deep - Wasn't it? I thought it was implied it was, just not for the reasons that were accused...is there a spoiler tag or did you just change the font colour?

I just changed the colour to white

Everyone was supposed to think it was just some random kid weren't they?
    "Just have fun"

My thoughts containing many potential spoilers...
    The sisters name was Grier I think
    I thought the Random kid who "owned" the camera in question was the cute girl at the party and funeral and that she confessed when drunk that some one (a female) took the camera off her and when Stuart asked if it was Greir she clammed up. Also the idea of the camera's in the first place was Grier's.
    Grier claimed not to have done it, although personally I think she did, it got to the stage where she was protesting too much and went from a flat denial to claiming Stuart was being arrogant thinking it was all about him (linking back to a comment about everyone thinking they are the star of thier own movie when really they are bit part players in someone elses). This is where I was disappointed, Ellie had been going on about how devious Grier can be, there was all the talk about if Callum jumped or was pushed, and I was expecting some 'twist' tying it all up along the lines of Grier wanting to start a family fued so that eventually she could take over the firm. Maybe I was just reading too much into bits thrown in simply to add weight to what was actualy just a straight forward RomCom plot line.

Oooo she was a bad one, what she did with those flower bulbs
    "Just have fun"

Garden terrorism!

I, too, thought it was ***Spoiler: Grier - I took that completely at face-value as presented by TMH! /Spoiler***

Thanks guys. My very first thought was that it was that person, but there's such a massive clue early on that I assumed it was a red herring!

SPOILERS !!!
    I can't remember there ever really being any definite culprit. It could have been more than one person involved. It doesn't really matter anyway seeing as though the plan never would never have worked if the main character had of remained faithful. It absolutley wasn't some random kid though, that's for sure.
    I enjoyed the novel though, pretty damn good. But then again, i enjoy just about anything Ian writes.
    My fave part is when Ellie kicks her brother in the face and breaks his cheekbone and jaw.

+ Reply to Thread