+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Confession

Exclamation A Confession

Dear All -

Following a genuinely accidental sys-admin blunder on my part, the database that runs the forum was deleted round about 11 a.m. this morning.

Luckily, a call to the support desk at the hosting company was just in time to see a backup restored from their overnight cache, which means we haven't lost a few weeks' worth of data, which is what would have happened had I restored from the last available backup that I've got on the server (I know, I know, but I'm really not as good at remembering to take a backup as I should be, although in my defence it would help if the forum software actually offered an auto-backup routine, I mean, how basic and essential a feature is that to omit, mutter, grumble...)

Anyhow, the backup was timestamped at 1.35 this morning so I'm afraid anything posted between that time and the time of the SNAFU on my part will have been lost.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and please feel free to attempt to restore lost conversations from memory in your own time.

I'm off to run a backup...

Ohh the humanity
    "Just have fun"

+ Reply to Thread