+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Software Upgrade imminent

Exclamation Forum Software Upgrade imminent

Howdo folks -

I'll be upgrading the forum software in the next couple of days. As I understand things, the latest upgrade is actually a move to a whole new product rather than a version boost to the existing system, so fingers crossed for a smooth transfer.

If the forum does disappear any time in the next couple of days, it'll hopefully be temporary and I'll be working on it. Promise.

DT

You should have said "a smooth Transition"
    "Just have fun"

@Deep Black :

Right, the software upgrade is done.

And as you may have noticed, things look a little different around here, on account of the old template being incompatible with the new forum software. I'll sort that out when I have a bit more time, unless everyone actually prefers the new look..?

I don't dislike it. It's a bit anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Admin View Post
    @Deep Black :

Right, the software upgrade is done.

And as you may have noticed, things look a little different around here, on account of the old template being incompatible with the new forum software. I'll sort that out when I have a bit more time, unless everyone actually prefers the new look..?
    No, I was more comfortable the old look. This ones a bit too bright and washed out.

One big problem with this format, IMHO, is that it doesn't say that it's the Iain (M) Banks forum anywhere on it (other than the address bar in my browser). I think I prefer the old look, but if this one stays I'm sure I'll get used to it.

-sm

Whoops, sorry, it does have the title on it. Just didn't see it. Admin/mods are going to be busy if they have to approve all posts before they are viewable (I got a notice about that on my last post)

-sm

Just to clarify: for 'new look' I should have said 'default template that the upgrade has imposed on us for the time being'... my bad.

New template is under discussion, depending on possible colour-scheme changes to the main website. As no-one has leapt to the defence of this temporary version, I'll be sure to include a re-vamp in the general update plan. Could be a couple of weeks though (judging by the state of my schedule at the moment) if folks can love with the grey & blue for now..?

And don't worry, we're not using post moderation for everything, just anything posted to the Admin Announcements section (which is actually same as it's always been...)

new format is very clinical, so something a bit for Culture would be lovely

I do find the present color scheme, dull blue and grey, bland to the max. A little color would help.

+ Reply to Thread