+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to, right Now?

Listen at your own peril. You shall never forget what is absorbed herin.
    Outside Context Problem (OCP), the kind of problem "most civilisations would encounter just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop."

The best of Eddie and the Hot Rods and some essential chillout #9
    Life is good when you're happy.
    www.jaglives.weebly.com

Silence. The Eminem gig wasn't too far away from me tonight and it was pretty loud.
    Drink, but very carefully...

Poor guy
    "Just have fun"

In anticipation of their gig next weekend - Ozric Tentacles
    Erpland & Jurassic Shift
    "Just have fun"

I've been listing to a long music track on my Nokia Lumia smartphone - "Them Bones" (Alice in Chains), "LSI" (Shamen), "Zombie" (The Cranberries) "Don't Be Cruel" (Bobby Brown), "Voodoo Ray" (A Guy Called Gerald), "The Corrosion" (The Sisters of Mercy), "She Sells Sanctuary" (The Cult), "Personal Jesus" (Depeche Mode), and "Let Me Show You" (K-Klass), and many others.

My tastes are rooted quite firmly in the very late 1980s and early to mid 1990s (when I was a very young boy).
    'Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

I recently bought Jimi Hendrix's Axis: Bold as Love at a second-hand store (have all three original Experience albums on LP, but don't play records much anymore) and was amazed as much as when I first heard the album in 1967/68. Soon thereafter I added Electric Ladyland, and wow. Four decades plus down the road and Hendrix still sounds fresh and thrilling, the guitar playing a thing of startling beauty and ferocious virtuosity. If you love music, but only know of Hendrix as a musical/guitar icon (often considered the best guitar player ever), you really owe it to yourself to give these albums a listen. The mid/late 60's and early 70's (a time I was lucky to come to adulthood during) were a time of musical revolution never equaled. Hendrix was at the very forefront of this movement. Listen, be astonished. Now I need to pick up Are you Experienced.

Pink Floyd - Pulse
    "Just have fun"

The Fall
    Lurker at the threshold

A blast from the Past;

http://youtu.be/YzN72MeNZkw

+ Reply to Thread