+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: What are you watching now?

I'm going to quote John Vaughan, irish director and sometime fan, in full from his book of faces post:
    So as some of you know I do a vault of horror every year at Octocon and part of this is the Vaulties , the awards for worst film of the Year well , tonight I saw WARCRAFT and I have to say, that there is possibly only one other film I have yet to see that can beat this utter, utter piece of garbage. unoriginal with bluescreen effects (Here I am standing in a magical forest! Doesn't it lookl real!") that make the Phantom menace look cutting edge, a choice of actors that is staggering beyond belief and makes you wonder what the discussion was in the casting room , For example the Hero is played by a pale white guy with a strong scandanavian accent but the actress who is playing her sister is obviously African American", her husband the King is played by Dominic Cooper and plays his role with a strong rada accent while the Hero's son is played by a young American actor who insists in his strongest American accent in calling his father "DAD!" through the whole bloody film. The Orcs are a cgi mess while the look of the film can only be described as the work of someone who saw the 1980's Flash Gordon Film and decided "Yes , that's the look this film needs!" but the greatest offenders have to be Blizzard and the Screenwriters who have produced a film with no conclusions but a series of Cliff hangers because "Hey this film is going to be a smash and it's going to run and run!" Well guess what , it's not a smash and it won't be thankfully running and running. As I said everyone involved like the dog that crapped on the living room floor should be sent to the corner to consider just what they've done....utter, utter garbage that somehow makes you reconsider that Dungeons and Dragons film with Jeremy irons really wasn't that bad ...for shame!

I guess I know what you mean, but it sounds about how I would expect it to be, so it wouldn't be like a surprise or anything. Elyssium was pile of crap, but I enjoyed that 2 hours I spent with my son watching and then dissing it together afterward.
    Also, going to rada doesn't cause the accent (hope you meet my bro one day, his accent is normal despite being a rada graduate), it just attracts a bunch of toffs nowadays.

The Human Centipede
    "Just have fun"

nothing! I'm prepping for an ingress anomaly here on saturday and just madly dashing around the city
    I don't actually need sleep, or food, right?

+ Reply to Thread