+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 107 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132
Results 1,311 to 1,312 of 1312

Thread: What are you reading now?

The Chimes by Anna Smaill. Recommended by my daughter. Found it a bit hard to get into, but the effort was worth it.

I've collected books since I was wee , I started off reading the ' Biggles ' novels of Capt WE Johns , then in older life I decided to become more of a ' serious ' collector , I had read Anthony Burgess' ' Earthly Powers ' bought in a closing down sale of a bookshop in Hertford circa 1980 [ I was a student at Hatfield Polytchnic at the time ] then decided I would try to collect everything he had ever written [ had to be 1st ed 1st impression ] - well I recently accomplished that ambition - I finished ' One Hundred Years Of Solitude ' just before the Christmas Holidays and picked up three books to read next , another Gabriel Garcia Marquez novel ' Love In A Time Of Cholera ' , ' Iain Banks' ' The Quarry ' and Amy Sackville's ' Orkney ' finally deciding on ' The Quarry ' - Two years ago we decided to move all my books upstairs as we were redecorating the room we used as a bedroom ever since I came home from hospital in 2013 - my wife said I must have over 4000 books in my collection now ! Hmmm , I'd better get on with things then !

+ Reply to Thread