+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 30 80 105 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1314

Thread: What are you reading now?

Just read:

The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood. 2/5 Wouldn't bother if I were you. Starts off well, then goes nowhere, then gets stupid and goes nowhere.
    The Big Midweek: Life inside The Fall by Steve Hanley. 5/5 A fascinating study of Stockholm Syndrome and life inside a Cult, albeit with added music and gigs.
    When You Dead, You Dead by Guy Martin. 3/5 Not as good as his Autobiography and he does honestly show that he's a bit of a d*ckhead sometimes.

Currently Reading:

The Peripheral by William Gibson
    KL, the story of the Concentration Camps by Nikolaus Wachsmann
    Blue Remembered Earth by Alastair Reynolds - though I'm probably going to sling this one.
    The Black Guard by A.J. Smith
    The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick
    Lurker at the threshold

Thw ay of kings, book one of the stormlight chronicles (with my ears) just finished, came in at an ear numbing 44 hours and change. it was odd, seemed to take ages to get anywhere, felt like the entire book as prequal, guess he warmed up finishing wheel of time.
    Recently finished book one now enjoying book two if the split worlds trilogy by emma newman, read by the author. quiet fun
    Reading wiht mine eyes assorted issues of analog and asimovs, empire and also the graveyard book be neil gaiman and the collected short stories of brian aldiss form the 1950s

Dancers at the End of Time by Michael Moorcock
    "Just have fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Black View Post
    Dancers at the End of Time by Michael Moorcock
    Kroofrudi. Mibix! Hrunt.

Nice choice. I finally slogged to the end of The Whispering Swarm. Not really my cup of tea.
    I then ripped through What Remains, Tim Weaver in about 2 days and also Hydrogen Sonata 2nd read in about 2 days. So I haven't lost my reading mojo, just not so into MJM as once I was.
    I thik I'll have a go at the Kindle version of All you need is kill next.

Half in Earnest by John PAtrick Sheridan.
    Interesting sseries of essays on life in ireland in the 50s
    With my ear, book two of the stormlight archive by Brandon Sanderson, clearly not haing learnt after the 1400 pages that finished wheel of time, this puppy comes in at 48 hours and change...

Old Man's War, John Scalzi. Not a terrible book, however not very original, I'm stuck deciding which of Forever War or Starship Troopers it channels the most.

Bit of young adult lit: kissing the rain, kevin brooks. If you liked the style of Feersum Endjinn then this may be for you.

B is for burtlar
    I've spun through A is for alibi and enjoyed it I have b through h to go, sue grafton detective series

The Moorcock trilogy was cool,

Next on my reading list, Planet of Fear - "A Scott Saunders Adventure" a 1977 YA SciFi novel by the one & only Patrick Moore.
    "Just have fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Black View Post
    The Moorcock trilogy was cool
    Major influence on my teens. At one time I suspected Bromley in Kent was the secret centre of the multiverse, I started noticing it in all sorts of contexts.

+ Reply to Thread